Assistant Director, Marketing
General Summary: Theatre Under The Stars is a non-profit producer of world-class musical theatre. The position interfaces with the Marketing and Box Office Staff as well as the Accounting, Artistic, Development and Education departments. This position will also interface with media sales and account reps from outside the company. This position manages, allocates & monitors the Marketing advertising budget including buying media and developing strategic community partnerships.
Reports To: Director, Sales & Marketing
Education: College degree in Marketing or similar degree
Experience: 5-7 years of marketing, PR or communications. Media buying experience preferred. Theater knowledge is a plus.
Skills: Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to multi-task and to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to be a team player and meet deadlines; Shows leadership, initiative, is detailed oriented and has strong analytical and decisive decision-making ability; Microsoft Office expertise specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
1. Conceptualize and fulfill yearly timelines all media buying and placement
2. Create and implement yearly timelines for all marketing materials, promotions and events
3. Administer the timelines for all Education and Development departmental marketing materials and graphic design needs
4. Coordinate the annual Theater District Open House
1. Supervise all Marketing, Press Relations and Graphic Design staff
2. Oversee the marketing materials and projects and staff within the marketing department
3. Coordinate with outside vendors and account reps
C. Direct Daily Operations
1. Develop marketing plans and advertising budgets for each production and
Season acquisition campaign
2. Implement and coordinate the various aspects of the marketing and advertising plans including annual advertising agreements and season partnerships
3. Develops strategic partnerships and community promotions for each production
4. Create advertising materials including print, TV, Radio ads
5. Develop marketing collateral and direct mail
6. Determine and create mailing lists for all direct mail – TUTS productions and season campaigns
7. Oversee Education marketing initiatives, brochures and advertising
8. Process and record invoices
9. Coordinate with ABC for the development, recording and airing of the Tommy Tune special
- Monitor advertising rates within the market to ensure TUTS is spending their dollars most effectively
- Maintain up-to-date budgets and advertising settlement for tours and self-produced shows
Send resume, references and salary requirments to David Greiss, Director of Sales & Marketing, at email@example.com.
Assistant Director, Education
Summary: Theatre Under The Stars (TUTS) is a non-profit producer and presenter of musical theatre that also provides an extensive education program through the Humphreys School of Musical Theatre, the River Performing and Visual Arts Center, and Classes in the Community. This position performs as a member of the TUTS’ Education team while interfacing with all levels of staff in the Development, Finance, Production, and Marketing departments. This position is responsible for management and oversight duties throughout the Education department as indicated below.
Hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, and weekends and evenings as needed for fundraising, performances, and other networking events.
Reports To: Director, Administration & Education
Education: College Degree in Education with a Business background preferred.
Experience: Three to Five plus years in a similar position preferred
Skills: Detail oriented, highly organized, visionary, and professional with outstanding interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills. A dedicated, flexible employee that is exemplary with numbers, budgets, and planning. A strong proficiency in Microsoft Office required specifically Word, Excel, Outlook; and ability to learn Paciolan.
· Assist Director with the management of the Education department
o Assess Education trends in the ISD’s and insure that TUTS’ education programs meet and exceed them.
o Insure that TUTS Education is in compliance with Texas Education standards where applicable.
o Assess Education department programs to make them more efficient, scalable, and sustainable.
o Assess Education programs to insure that they are essential to TUTS identity and fulfill its mission.
o Implement curriculum and operating processes in response to program evaluations and outcomes.
o Manage Project timelines.
o Manage Education calendar insuring accuracy and compliance with corporate calendar.
o Prepare and manage weekly revenue and expense detail reporting on discrepancies.
o Coordinate Education department activities to insure resources, staff, etc. are working in unison.
o Oversee the management of the data library.
o Oversee the management of the demographics associated with TUTS’ education programs.
o Oversee and manage grant obligations insuring compliance with the Development department.
o Insure that grant funded programs have a strong business case.
o Prepare quarterly and annual report/summary for Education programs including data and demographics.
· Oversee three Managers, Education to insure compliance with corporate policy, budgets, curriculum development, and outcomes are met.
· Prepare annual assessment of Independent Contractors
· Supervise two Associate, Education positions
- Direct Daily Operations
· Assist the Director of Education with:
o Analysis of curriculum, Independent Contractors, etc.
o Participate in meetings with collaborative partners such as the YMCA, Independent School Districts, etc.
o Participate in site visits
o Annual analysis of equipment needs
o Participate in meetings with Houston Arts Partners
o Implementation of technology.
· Insure that TUTS continues to deliver quality product
· Insure that facilities meet the quality of our product
· Collaborate with Marketing to insure Education materials are in compliance with corporate brand and represent the department’s goals and image.
· Monitor Education department data library insuring that data and evaluations on shared server are current.
· Facilitate corporate calendar review, update, and planning session each week during Education team meeting.
· Interface daily with Education staff
· Interface with Development, Finance, Production, and Marketing teams.
· Facilitate weekly dialogue with Marketing, Development, and Production to insure that all parties have mutual understanding of Education team activities.
· Participate in the Board of Directors Education Committee meetings.
· Interface with Directors of Education from other arts groups, ISD Fine Arts Administrators, etc.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Bob Lawson, Director of Administration & Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interns help make TUTS great! For more information on TUTS' internship opportunities, click here.