Assistant Director of Special Events
The Assistant Director of Special Events is a full-time/exempt position who is responsible for the management and production of all special event fundraisers for Theatre Under The Stars and who will work closely with Director of Development, Event Chairs, Committees, Event Underwriters, Donors and Vendors to plan and implement each event. Management of event logistics will include catering, décor, entertainment and staffing, as well as production of printed materials, reservations and gift management and manage the creation and distribution of press materials. The Assistant Director of Special Events will establish and manage a budget for each event and will be responsible for working with key members of TUTS development staff to cultivate and secure event underwriters and in-kind donors. Additionally, the Assistant Director of Special Events will ensure that all donor acknowledgements are processed and that all underwriter benefits are fulfilled.
• Plan and implement all aspects of TUTS various special events as outlined above; plan and implement all aspects of various, smaller-scale events that occur throughout the year
• Responsible for raising the budgeted contributed income for each event
• Responsible for managing expenses for each event
• Cultivate donors and donor prospects; responsible for donor stewardship
• Prepare and present proposals for funding support to donors; prepare and present event-specific reports, including financial updates, to TUTS Fund Development Committee and Board of Directors
• Develop, manage and provide leadership to event chairpersons and volunteer committees
• Ensure proper and timely handling of pledges and donations; ensure all underwriting benefits are fulfilled; respond to all donor inquiries and needs
• Participate in weekly Development Staff Meetings and weekly Managers Meeting
• Experience - minimum of three years (five is preferred)as a skilled development professional with a proven track-record and strong references
• College degree in related field
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to design and execute events in new and creative ways
• Strong writing skills; ability to independently create professional donor solicitation materials and event-specific collateral pieces, including press releases and copy for invitations, programs and advertisements
• Proven leadership skills; self-motivated; excellent at problem-solving and decision-making
• Excellent computer and database management skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; ability to become proficient with company software
• Must be available for some weekend and evening work
Send resume and cover letter to Gina Sullivan, Director of Development, TUTS 800 Bagby St., Suite 200, Houston, TX 77002 or email@example.com.
Theatre Under the Stars (WCLO, LORT C) is accepting resumes from designers, stage managers and production personnel for TUTS UNDERGROUND, a new series of musicals at the Hobby Center for Performing Arts. For more information, go to tutsunderground.com. Houston based applicants are encouraged to apply.
Send resume and references to Terry Cranshaw, Production Coordinator, TUTS 800 Bagby St., Suite 200, Houston, TX 77002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interns help make TUTS great! For more information on TUTS' internship opportunities, click here.