Plan your Visit
Whether this is your first time to see a TUTS production or your fortieth, we want to ensure that you enjoy every moment. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the new COVID-19 safety policies for attending productions at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. If you have any questions about our accommodations or services, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-558-8887.
COVID-19 POLICIES FOR SAFE ATTENDANCE
The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, with guidance from Houston Methodist Hospital, has instituted the following policies for the safety of audiences, artists, staff and volunteers.
Below are current protocols as of April 1, 2021, which will surely evolve as we approach the reopening of the Hobby Center. As health and safety protocols are refined, we will provide updates and specifics to guests prior to our first performance.
What pandemic-related changes can you expect at The Hobby Center?
- Any ticket holder who does not comply with any pandemic-related health protocol may be required to leave the theater, and their ticket will not be refunded.
- All guests must wear a mask while inside the building and are required to provide their own mask. If guests cannot wear a mask, they cannot enter the building.
- Staff will be required to wear masks and face shields and will take temperature checks prior to their work shift.
- Staff will sanitize ticket scanners prior to performances and periodically through their shifts and will no longer physically handle tickets.
- All high-touch points will be sanitized and cleaned frequently.
- All other touch points are to be disinfected at least once per day. This includes, but is not limited to, the box office area, bathrooms and seating areas, which will be sanitized prior to each performance.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the facility.
- Restaurant and concession protocols are still being developed but guests should expect a primarily cash-free operation and a temporary change to what items are allowed to enter the audience chambers.
What is the Hobby Center doing to make the venue safer?
- Replaced all restroom sinks and fixtures with touchless faucets, soap dispensers and flushing mechanisms.
- Established a dedicated disinfecting staff as part of the housekeeping team to focus specifically on sanitizing and disinfecting high touch areas.
- Installed MERV-13 air filters throughout the facility.
- HVAC systems will be set to allow for the maximum amount of fresh air intake.
- Installed hand sanitizing stations in all areas of the venue.
- Continuing the use of CDC-approved cleaning products, including the introduction of electrostatic disinfecting sprayers to the standard housekeeping routine.
- Achieved GBAC STAR venue accreditation, confirming that the Hobby Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention.
Productions begin promptly, so we encourage you to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Doors open 90 minutes before the show and seating begins 30 minutes before the curtain. Come early and browse Encore for unique gifts and enjoy dinner or a beverage in the lobby.
TUTS offers a variety of accessibility services to our guests. To find out more, visit our Accessibility page.
For many patrons, attending a TUTS show is a special occasion, but formal wear is not required. Attire generally varies from business casual to cocktail dresses and suits. Above all, we want you to feel comfortable.
The box office is located just inside the front of the Hobby Center. Box Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 713-558-8887 for assistance by phone.
Camera and Recorders
The use of cameras and audio recording equipment inside of the theatre is strictly prohibited. Photos are permitted in the lobby areas.
Cell Phones and Other ELectronic Devices
Please turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices before the performance begins.
Children of all ages are welcome with a purchased ticket. Booster seats may be rented in the Grand Lobby of the Hobby Center. Theatrical performances are reflective of the period in which they were written and the period in which they are performed. Appropriateness of a performance for any specific audience member is a very subjective matter and therefore, we cannot make a recommendation on age or content appropriateness that will apply to everyone. There is always the possibility young or more sensitive audience members might find material to not be suitable for their viewing. To assist in your understanding of this show, please refer to the Study Guide on each show page.
“Lap Seats,” or free tickets for small children who wish to watch the show from an adults lap, are not available for our shows. Every individual who enters the theatre must have a purchased ticket.
Directions and Parking
Find your route and learn about parking here.
Please leave the following information with your sitter or service, so we can quickly locate you in the event of an emergency:
- Theatre phone number: 713-558-8887, option 7
- Your seat location: aisle, section, row, seat number
Food and Drinks
Refreshments are available for purchase in the lobby before the performance and during intermission.
Please apply fragrance in moderation and refrain from talking or singing during the show.
Late Seating Policy
Patrons arriving late will be seated at the first suitable pause in the performance.
Lost and Found
To inquire about a lost item, please call 713-558-8887, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lost & Found items are stored for three months, and then donated to charity.
You can view the length of each individual show as well as intermission schedules on the show page.
Season ticket holders have access to special benefits, including free ticket exchanges and discounted seats. Visit our subscriber services page for more details.
You may purchase tickets online, by phone, or in person at the box office. Tickets are non-refundable.
If you’re unable to attend a performance, you may donate your tickets to Theatre Under The Stars and receive a tax-deductible receipt for your income taxes. Click here to learn more about ticket donations. Please call 713-558-8887 before the performance.
Season tickets subscribers may exchange their tickets for another show or transfer them to another guest. For more information about subscriber benefits, click here.
The resale of event tickets in Texas is legal. You may well find event tickets on sale at ticket brokers. Though brokers are never the primary sales point, they access tickets by purchasing them in the same way as the consumer. Please keep in mind, when you buy from a broker:
- We cannot be responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties.
- We cannot replace your tickets if they are lost or stolen.
- We cannot exchange your tickets into other performances.
- We cannot issue a refund to you in case of an event cancellation.
- We cannot guarantee that your tickets are valid and therefore, cannot guarantee admittance.
- You may be paying much more than the ticket’s face value.
- We cannot contact you with information regarding time changes, show cancellations or other information.
Help us serve you in the best manner possible. Purchase your tickets directly from Theatre Under The Stars or the Hobby Center Box Office.
If you experience any discomfort during a performance, an usher or our house manager will be glad to assist you.
With rare exceptions, all performances will take place as scheduled, regardless of weather conditions.