2021/22 ACADEMY AUDITIONS
Audition Dates: June 26 and July 17
Audition Times: Each date will be broken into two sections – a morning section from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and an afternoon section from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Students only need to attend one date/section.
Audition Type: In person
Audition Location: 800 Bagby St, Houston, TX 77002
- Acting: All students must memorize and prepare an age appropriate one-minute monologue.
- Music: All students must memorize and prepare a 16-32 bar cut from a musical theatre selection that best highlights their voice. Students must bring sheet music (accompanist provided). All students will also be required to take a music theory assessment while attending their audition. For safety and ease, this assessment will be taken via mobile device and accessible by a QR code made available on arrival; therefore, all students should bring a mobile device for this purpose. Any student unable to bring a mobile device will have the option of taking the assessment on paper.
- Dance: All students must view and prepare the dance combinations from the provided videos. Students are encouraged to dress in dancewear and dance footwear. Click here for a series of videos that demonstrate the dance combinations that must be learned before attending your audition.
- All students must audition in all three disciplines and all three dance areas.
- Please click here to view HSMT’s summer in-person COVID safety guidelines.
- After signing up, students will receive an email confirmation and another reminder with instructions closer to the audition date.
Please submit all questions regarding 2021/22 Academy Auditions to firstname.lastname@example.org.