Inclusive Arts Campaign
MUSICAL THEATRE FOR ALL OF HOUSTON!
A key component of Theatre Under The Stars’ core values is to deliver musical theatre performances, arts education, and community engagement programming to all members of the Houston community. We are committed to providing performances and services that breakdown barriers of access to the arts and provide the following diverse, inclusive and accessible programming:
- Inclusive Arts Showcase and Performance Troupe presentations in the community
- Classes and camps at The River Performing and Visual Arts Center for students with disabilities and their siblings
- Scholarship opportunities for students enrolled at the Humphreys School and The River
- Opportunities to audition for select mainstage productions
- No Boundaries workshops providing valuable programs and services, including touch tours, workshops, and audio descriptions, open captioning, and American Sign Language Interpretation for Mainstage performances
- Community Engagement programs and partnerships imbedded in socio-economically diverse neighborhoods, Kindergarten-12th grade classrooms, and hospitals
- 49 consecutive years of free summer musicals presented at Miller Outdoor Theatre
What Your Donation Can Provide
Your donation supports year-round initiatives for inclusive arts programming at TUTS.
- $1,000 could cover the tuition cost for a High School Junior enrolled in the Humphreys School of Musical Theatre to participate in their College Prep Course.
- $500 could provide tuition for a student to attend the 2-week Teen Summer Camp @ the Humphreys School of Musical Theatre.
- $350 allows a student with disabilities and their sibling to attend a session of summer camp at The River together.
- $200 allows a student to enroll in a workshop that prepares them to audition for the Humphreys School or a musical at their school.
- $150 allows a student with disabilities to enroll in an arts class in The River’s Saturday Program.
- $50 allows a student to participate in a season workshop at the Humphreys School of Musical Theatre.
- $25 supports the production of TUTS Inclusive Arts Showcase, an opportunity for students from Humphreys School of Musical Theatre and The River Performing and Visual Arts Center to perform together onstage at The Hobby Center.