TUTS Volunteers – Supporting Cast
All the world’s a stage, as show people like to say. Here at Theatre Under The Stars we are dedicated to enriching life through the experience of quality musical theatre and positively impacting lives beyond the stage through innovative education and community outreach initiatives.
We would love to have you join our stage and mission by volunteering your time for an enjoyable and exciting cause. TUTS thrives through the contributions our Supporting Cast: volunteers who are involved in many of the thrilling aspects of the theatre’s operations and classrooms. No matter what your background is, you will always feel at home with the TUTS family.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
THE RIVER PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS CENTER
If you enjoy working with children we would love to have you help us with our student programs!
The River Performing and Visual Arts Center, an educational program of TUTS, serves individuals with disabilities. We need volunteers to help our students during classes in music, art, drama and dance! Enthusiastic and caring volunteers make this program successful and help make a difference in our student’s lives. Our volunteers help to encourage each student to achieve his/her creative potential in the classroom.
The River programs include:
Fall Semester Programs – Held for ten weeks during each school semester. Students are 4-Young Adult years old.
- Volunteers provide assistance to students in the classroom.
- Activities include acting, art, dance, and music.
- Hours are Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.-12:30p.m.
- Volunteers must participate in a minimum of three Saturdays & the recital.
Special programs or projects come up occasionally throughout the year. These can include special events or short term programs. Dates and times will be posted as the need arrives.
To join in the fun at The River, we ask that you complete the following paperwork, please be sure to complete all the steps:
- Complete the appropriate program application:
- Fall 2019 Volunteer Application
- Use our online calendar to select your volunteer dates by clicking on this link:
- Annual background checks are required for all volunteers 18 years and older and will be administered by River staff once your application has been received.
- Applications may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Here is the link for the Fall SignUp Genius page.
- Volunteers must volunteer a minimum of three Saturdays from September 14 through November 23 (excluding October 26), and the recital on November 23. from 9AM-12:30PM
New volunteers must attend orientation. The minimum age to volunteer independently is 15 years old. All volunteers age 13-14 are required to volunteer with a parent or guardian over the age of 18. We cannot make exceptions.
Questions? Call The River at 713-520-1220.